Can you make a coaster out of yarn?
Crocheted using 2 strands of cotton yarn held together, you can whip up these coasters in no time! … To create a sturdy and thick coaster, I used 2 strands of cotton aran yarn held together. You can use 2 strands of the same colour or mix it up for two tone/marled crochet coasters.
How much yarn do you need to make a coaster?
- Approximately 20 yards worsted weight (size 4), cotton yarn will make 1 coaster — you really want cotton for it’s absorbency. I used Yarnspirations Lily Sugar ‘n Cream — colors Hot Orange, Playtime, Yellow, Daisy Ombre, Hot Green, Lime Stripes.
- Size H crochet hook.
- Darning needle.
- Measuring Tape (optional)
How do you make a flat circle?
Basic crochet pattern to make a flat circle
- Round 1: Make x sts into a magic ring and join with a ss. …
- Round 2: 2sts in each st around, join with a ss. …
- Round 3: *2sts in next st, 1st in next st; rep from * to end, join with a ss. …
- Round 4: *2sts in next st, 1st in each of next 2 sts st; rep from * to end, join with a ss.