How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
How do you make a pillowcase without a cuff?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
What is envelope style pillowcase?
What are Envelope Closure Pillowcases? Traditional pillowcases are open on the ends. An envelope pillowcase has a special envelope closure at the end of the case, so the pillow is tucked in and out of sight for a more finished look when making up the bed. Recently, these cases have picked up in popularity.
How much should an envelope pillow overlap?
The ends will overlap approximately 3″ at the back when finished. This extra fabric is to ensure that the pillow form will be hidden when the pillow cover is in place. To calculate the fabric measurement you will need measure your pillow insert.
What size pillow goes in a 16×16 cover?
We recommend an 18″ x 18″ insert for our 16″ x 16″ inch throw pillow covers to get a plump pillow.
How do you put a picture on a pillowcase?
- Wash and dry your fabric or pillowcase.
- Print out photos in the size that you would like them for your pillow. …
- Apply a medium layer of Mod Podge Photo Transfer Medium to the front of the image that you would like to transfer. …
- Quickly put the covered image face down onto the fabric or pillowcase and smooth.