What size zip do I need for a cushion?
2. Zip – the zip should be the same length as the bottom edge of the cushion (as the zip goes into the bottom of the cushion). Example: If the “finished” cushion size is a square 45x45cm your zip should be 45cm. If your cushion was 45cm length x 35cm wide the zip would be 45cm.
What size zipper do I need for a 20 inch pillow?
For example, I use a 18” zipper for a 20” pillow insert and a 22” zipper for a 24” pillow insert, etc. and I always sew my covers 1 inch smaller than the insert (the seams for a 20” pillow insert are actually 19” for the pillow cover) so a zipper that is two inches smaller than the size of the insert works best.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
How do you make a cushion without a sewing machine?
How to make a cushion cover without a sewing machine
- Lay a 150cm square piece of fabric on a large work surface. …
- Fold lower third of fabric over cushion insert.
- Fold over the top third of the fabric. …
- At each end, fold in both corners to make a narrow triangle shape. …
- Carefully turn over cushion.